Thirty-one Selected for 2018 Leadership Wichita Class
Thirty-one citizens from the Wichita region have been selected to participate in the 2018 Leadership Wichita class, an immersive leadership experience presented by the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce. This class will join the more than 1,000 other individuals who have committed to become stronger leaders for the community since the program was launched in 1983.
“Leadership Wichita provides professionals insight into community processes in order to use their talents and skills to tackle local needs, such as education and economic development,” said Ryan Bond, Chair of Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees. “Past participants of Leadership Wichita have made significant contributions in our community, and this year’s class will graduate equipped with the knowledge to build upon their professional successes, contributing to make Wichita the premier place to grow companies, careers and communities.”
Participants are identified through a nomination process, followed by submission of a formal application to the program’s Board of Trustees for selection. The 2018 class will participate in nine sessions that cover issues such as the future vision for Wichita, economic development, the impact of ensuring a highly-educated population, the importance of consensus within government, and executing their leadership skills through real-life examples, group discussions and collaboration.
The first session of the 2018 Leadership Wichita class will begin Thursday, Aug. 23 and the program will conclude Wednesday, Nov. 14 with a celebratory reception.
2018 Leadership Wichita Class:
- Claudia Yaujar-Amaro, AB&C Bilingual Resources, LLC
- Francis Baalmann, Foulston Siefkin LLP
- Rachel Banning, Special Products, LLC
- Courtney Bengtson, Wichita Community Foundation
- Rachel Biggs, K·Coe Isom LLP
- Brian Blackerby, INTRUST Bank
- Todd Carter, Pathway Church
- Angie Elliott, Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Sherii Farmer, Westar Energy
- Levi Fitzmier, RSM Marketing
- Dioane Gates, World Impact, Inc.
- Christyn Gunter, The Kansas African American Museum
- Anna Hatter, City of Wichita
- Michele Ingenthron, USD 259 Wichita Public Schools
- Donita Jarrell, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office
- Venus Lee, GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc.
- Rusty Leeds, Sedgwick County
- Erik Lopez, Airbus Americas, Inc.
- Jeff Lucas, High Touch Technologies, Inc.
- Tevin Manuel, United States Air Force
- Thea Pajunen, Fidelity Bank
- Laura Roddy, Mark Arts
- Dan Shurtz, Oxford Senior Living
- Chris Snyder, Kansas Air National Guard
- Kevin Steckley, Syndeo HRO
Rachel Thomas-Murphy, Thomas Grey Interiors
- Brian Truskett, Eby Construction Company
- Fe Vorderlandwehr, Alzheimer’s Association of Central & Western Kansas
- Katie Wesbrooks, Spirit Aerosystems
- Zach Wiggins, Martin Pringle Law Firm
- Lora Winchell, Hunter Health Clinic
Please join us in congratulating this year’s class!