Rick with Ricks Professional Carpet Cleaning shares his thoughts on getting job estimates for your home.
WICHITA, KS: (Wichita KS Realty News) Why do you want to come out to measure and do in home estimates, can’t it just be done over the phone? We hear this quite a bit, and it’s worth talking about, really. When you as a home owner are calling or emailing companies to estimate work, it really is the best practice to have them come out and look over the job. The reasons are plenty, so here’s the top reasons for taking the time to have us come out;
- We can truly judge the scope of the work– This help both of us, we will be better prepared and if special equipment is needed this gives us the opportunity to find out.
- We can understand better what your expectations are– Really, because your expectation and our meeting/exceeding it versus not attaining it will decide if you are satisfied with the work completed.
- We can see problems that might not be noticed by the homeowner– We are professionals, whether it is carpet, tile, granite counter tops, or any other work, as tradesman we should know our stuff, and typically we can give you some insight about what you want from our professional perspective.
- You get to meet who will be responsible for doing the work– Putting a face with a name can make you feel better about having the work done.
- You will get a better understanding of the process and what to expect– Sometimes, remodeling and maintenance work at your home can be messy. If you are made aware of this and to the scope which it might occur, you may be better prepared when it happens.
This is why we think in home estimates are the way to go. All in all, the benefits outweigh the effort and time to have us come out. Rick’s Professional Carpet Cleaning only bid jobs this way. And you will meet me, the owner, Rick. This is one of the reasons we feel that we get such high online ratings. For more insight about our work and philosophy you can read more on our blog here.